Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lost Faerytale(Prologue)

- I don't know who I really am; I lost all my memories before the age of ten.-

There was a blizzard outside that day. My parents and I were walking in the open snow field. No one is outside in this weather, I could not think of a reason why we were there. The blizzard got worse and worse, blinding us with its fury. That was when I got separated from my parents.

"Oh great, now I have got something else to do besides looking for our car in this ghosts inhabited place!"
Suddenly, I saw something in front of me, I walked closer. It looks like a relic.
"Quite an artifact it’s got here!"
Out of curiosity, I touched the relic. As soon as I put my hand on the relic, light started beaming through it, circling around me like dancing faeries, my sight became clear. The blizzard stopped. When I looked at myself...
"Jesus! What happened to me?!" I saw myself turned into a child; or to be precise, the child form of myself!
I kept a photograph of my younger self in my wallet. When I went to checked my wallet, the photo was gone.
I heard my mother calling out my name.
"Juliet! We found our car!"
"What happened to you Juliet? Why do you look like your ten year old self?”
Both my mother and father were badly injured, my father was unconscious.
"Juliet, please drive us back home, your father is terribly injured and he needs a doctor now."
How am I able to drive a car when I am in a ten years old child's body! I suppose I will have to try my best, for my mother's sake.
On the way back, flying creatures would not stop attacking out car, I was swerving my car left to right to dodge those creatures. On the other hand, my mother did not seem to be bothered by the creature, or maybe she could not see them.
We finally made it home safely. I could tell my mom was filled with anxiety. I sat down next to the fire place watching the ember coming out of it. The embers started circling me around just like what happened at the relic. Surprisingly, I turned back into my normal body.
My mom saw me. She did not say a word, as if nothing had happened.

A few days later, I went to the park that I was familiar with, to take photos for my school project. The park seemed so different from what I could remember. There used to be only two isles by the lake, now there were three. I walked towards the third isle with curiosity, which led me to an open field. Flowers were wildly growing there; it felt like spring even though it was like the coldest month of winter.
"That relic! I remember it!"
I ran toward the relic located in the middle of the field, doing exactly the same thing I did the other day. The same lights appeared and surrounded me again. This time, I did not turn into my child form, but my child form got separated from my body.
Staring at this little girl with surprise, I asked: "Who are you?"
"Don't know."
"Do you remember anything about yourself?"
"No." she replied.
She started looking frustrated. “Please, Just don't let me disappear!"
Disappear? I wonder what she meant. "Well, I have got an idea; just never ever tell people that you are Juliet Cruz. Remember, never say that name." She agreed
I took her back to my parent's house. My mom looked us with surprise but didn't say anything. We sat down by the dinner table, but the girl, stood still by the door, staring at the snow falling outside.
"Her existence might affect the progress of your life." My mother said calmly.
"Progress of my own life”, I wonder what she meant by that. But she stopped talking, and I didn't want to ask anything more. After dinner, I sat by the fire place again. The girl stood next to me, staring at me without saying a single word. Suddenly, she started fading away, turning back to embers than ashes until there was nothing left of her.

1 comment:

  1. Someone should take this idea and make a video game out of it! ;)

    ReplyDelete