Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Heroine Syndrome?

          Today I heard this song "Heroine Syndrome" by Kanon Wakeshima. I have never heard of this term, but I  could guess what it means. So I started wondering if I have this "Heroine Syndrome", or worse, maybe I am a typical severe case of this "Syndrome".  I guess it is because I always daydream about how I wanted to be the protagonist of a video game or a storybook, and maybe that is why I always love video games,  I get to be the protagonist of this imagined world.  Wait, isn't my case more of a "Protagonist Syndrome" than "Heroine Syndrome"? (laugh)
          I have been obsessed with the concept of Alice In Wonderland, and daydreaming about how one day, on that particular day, something special and out of ordinary would happen to me. You know, magical things always happen to people who are just as bored as me. (laugh) For example, Yusuke Urameshi from Yu Yu Hakusho, a quite generic kid who skips class all the time, then he got killed but revived as the detective of the spiritual realm, and from that day on, his life started getting more and more interesting. Another example is Akira from Monochrome Factor, who can just transform to his shadow form and fight monsters all the time. He accepted this task because he is a kid who says"I'm always bored anyways". But I am always bored anyways too! (laugh) 
         I like shonen anime a whole lot, and it probably has something to do with my "Protagonist Syndrome". In a typical shonen anime, the protagonist is always an ordinary teenager who just happen to get special powers or a special task to fulfill. I'm a teenager no longer, but I still like to daydream about how something special would happen to me one day. I'm seriously waiting for the day I get sucked into an alternative world, and I'm the one who is going to save everyone.  Yes, I still think I'm or I would be the chosen one some day at one point, and don't ask me how old I am. XD
         Well, I am bored anyways.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment