Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Last Temptation

          I have too many stories to tell, as I day dream all the time to make up my own little stories. This story has got to be one of my favorite, and I would like to share with anyone who read this blog.

      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      
         “ Don’t go, please,” He murmured, reaching out his hand. He had the same dream again. 
           For the past few weeks, he had been having this dream every day. Yet every time, he would still feel like as though it was the first time he was having the dream. He wondered if it was supposed to mean something to him.
              In this dream, he found himself on a beautiful island where the sun never rose. He saw only the night there, and the moon was always at its fullest.  He walked along the shore gazing upon the moon, until he heard a voice singing. Intrigued, he followed the voice. He wanted to know, who might be singing with such a stunning voice, on this deserted island.  There he saw a goddess-like woman singing while playing a harp. He stood there speechless, and he could scarcely take his eyes from her. The moonlight shone upon her long black hair, as if she had been one with the darkness of the night; her lifeless pale skin made a perfect contrast with the darkness. Her violet eyes seemed to glow even brighter than the full moon. He was so fascinated that he could neither speak a word nor walk away. He stood there staring at her as she slowly vanished into the darkness. “Don’t go, please!” he shouted.
              This young man was an honorable noble who lived in a city on a mountain called Winterfels.  Although the mountain was called Winterfels, winters had never been too harsh. It snowed only for a few days throughout the winter, and the snow never completely covered the land. He was loved by the many people of this city. He would soon be the viscount of this city, as his father had fallen ill, and he was ready to give his throne to his son.  Everything had been so peaceful throughout his life, but his fortune changed fast, when he least expected it.
                    Night fell again. Here in his mansion, he laid down expecting the same dream. “This time, I swear that I will find out who she is,” he thought to himself and fell asleep soundly. The dream repeated itself again. He did exactly the same thing as in his last dream. He stood there listening to her song.
                     The young man could hesitate no longer, “Madam, I beg forgiveness for my intrusion.” The stillness had been broken by his gentle words.
                       “Oh, my beloved, I had been waiting for you for quite long.” She replied as she stared into his eyes, her violet gaze glowing intensely. “ Take me away with you, let us run away. You do that, and your souls will be bound with mine for eternity.”
                    He was confused by her words. Nonetheless, he was fascinated and charmed by this fair maiden, so he replied, “Then I shall. Tell me where I can reach you outside of the dream, for I know this is a dream that I am having right now. If you were real, I would come to you and take you with me. I will soon rule this city­­­­ with you by my side.”
                   The maiden smiled, “I will come to you. I will be there soon, quite soon.”
                   As she finished her words, she again vanished into the darkness. “Don’t go, please,” he murmured again, as he was pulled back to reality, but the night was not over yet. He heard a familiar song. As the singing got closer and closer to him, darkness fell upon his chamber, transforming the night to an abyssal shade.  “You are here, are you not? It is like you are bringing a piece of my dream into reality!” he shouted, regretting making such a promise to an unknown being.
          “ As you wish, I will be with you. But there is a condition for me to stay by your side. Your soul will be mine, and I will devour it completely,” said the maiden. He found himself terrified hearing her words. “I was wrong! It was a temptation! I should have known better!” He thought to himself as he lost control of his consciousness. There was darkness. He could not see anything, neither the maiden nor himself.
          The dark clouds finally cleared, but an intense fire followed. The young man lay on the ground lifelessly, the maiden nowhere to be found. Strangely, no one in the mansion seemed to notice what had happened, and nobody had been awakened by the fire. Everything still seemed so quiet, though the unnatural fire was silently devouring the mansion. The flames spread farther, until the blaze had swallowed up entire city.
                Both the young noble’s and the city’s existence had been wiped out completely. Nobody outside of the city remembered or knew what happened, or perhaps they did not even remember such a place existed. It almost seems as though nothing had occurred.
                 Since then, this land has had long, harsh winters. Not a soul could survive in this snow-covered wasteland.
 --------------------------------
         Who is it to be at fault? The foul enchantress who bewitched the proud young noble, or the
young noble who gave up his pride to the last temptation?
         My friends, it is your turn to determine.
          

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is so elegant, beautiful, and quite amazing. I was enthralled to the very end. I feel like we all fight with our inner demons and try so hard to keep our pure hearts so we are not consume by the hatred of the world or the choices we make. I feel the queen was represents the darkness that lives in each and every one of us. As we make more bad choices it becomes extremely hard for us to redeem ourselves no matter how hard we try. Each kill he made was the mistakes another mistake and he went beyond the point of return so he faded into nothingness. The light at the end of the tunnel for me is always the few people I cherish who light is bright no matter how much darkness try to pull me in, it can never truly consume me. I feel like the young noble lost that light we he was enchanted by the love of the maiden. But its realistic people become victims when they fall deep in love and they are not able to think clearly anymore. Beautiful story telling Ma Petite Peche(My Little Peach).

    Jess Akida Kiss Kiss Kiss
    A plus!

    ReplyDelete